War Memorials Trust’s Learning Programme provides ideas and materials for young people in schools and youth groups, and the adults who work with them. We work to educate future generations of war memorial custodians so that they can continue our work to protect and conserve war memorials into the future.
In this section of the website you can access our materials for secondary schools. These include:
- Lesson plans and lesson resources for secondary school teachers to use with their classes
- Helpsheets for teachers giving information about war memorials and how they can be incorporated into your teaching
- Assemblies suitable for Key Stages 3 and 4 that can be adapted to your school's needs
We regularly review and update all our teaching materials. We therefore recommend you save any materials from this website that you want to keep and come back again to see new materials. We are currently adding new materials to these pages and there may be a short delay until these are all available - please bear with us while we update these.
War Memorials Trust is involved in two projects called In Memoriam 2014 and War Memorials Online, and young people can contribute to both. Further details can be found in the Youth Groups section of this website.
If you need some ideas for how to start using our materials as part of your teaching:
- Visit the Showcase to see the work that other schools have done with their local war memorials.
- Visit the Get Involved page to identify our mystery memorials and find out about helping us with fundraising.
- Our Learning Officer is happy to offer advice and support for your war memorial work. Please see the Contact Us page for details of how to get in touch.
We value feedback from users of our learning materials and use this to continually update and improve them. If you would like to make any comments or suggestions for new resources, please visit our Feedback page.